Jul 16, 2013

Reboot Suit Samus

So after my last interpretation of Zero Suit Samus I felt like all the awesome feelings I wanted to come out of the piece wasn't there when it was done. Some of the anatomy was broken, and the suit felt less creative than I wanted it to be. So while that version wasn't what I wanted it to be I had also done some variations of it. So I made a new pose, fleshed out the suit, and fixed the anatomy as best I could. Here you get the result. Something hopefully new. I wanted to create a Samus that had never been the original idea. Perhaps if Metroid were not thought up until today this would be the design that might show up in the concept art for that game.
 I spent a lot of time just looking at space suits, thinking of color schemes that popped up well, interesting ways to show character through pose. I tried to really up my game here by thinking about everything that would go into this piece. I wanted everything on the suit to have it's own meaning and purpose. From the space shoes to the taser blaster everything had to have some attachment to the original series but also be so drastically different that it could stand on it's own.
Hope you like the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment